The words building marketing and sales are often used as synonyms. However, marketing means meeting the customer’s queries and requirements, by means of providing the product information and ensuring complete satisfaction of the client.
Selling concentrates on the sales aspect and is concerned with the plans of trying to make the customer a prospective client. After the finalization of drawings, the booking for the interested clients begins.
Within the committed period, the buildings can be completed as per the design. During this period, marketing and sales staff is involved in the achievement of their goal of selling a product to the satisfaction of the client.
Along with skill, sincere efforts and proper planning is required to run the business in profit. We shall discuss in this chapter the qualities required for the sales executives and the services he is expected to render to the client.
BUILDING MARKETING AND SALES EXECUTIVES
WHAT SHOULD A SALES EXECUTIVE BE?
The Sales Executive is the first representative of the organization to come directly in contact with a prospective client. Obviously, he is a vital media through which the company can strengthen its selling prospects.
Hence, the Sales Executive should possess outstanding qualities as a Sales Executive. The Management requires result-oriented personnel in the organization. While appointing a sales executive the following points are considered.
1. Special courses in marketing.
2. Experience in the field of marketing.
4. Overall smartness.
5. Family background.
7. Technical knowledge.
WHAT SHOULD THE SALES EXECUTIVE’S DESK BE LIKE?
A sales executive’s desk should always be clean and well organized, with stationery like colour pens, erasers, pencils, calculators, etc. All information about the various projects should be displayed.
Project brochures and corporate brochures should be there. He should have information like the availability status, booking forms, receipt book and other information about housing loans and finance institutes.
A Sales Executive should know the following :
1. Details of the area of available units.
2. Location and landmarks near each project, e.g., railway station, school, marketplace, etc.
3. Distance of the project from various important places.
4. Rates of area for sale, garden, terrace, parking, etc.
5. Present the progress status of each project and each building.
6. Information of clients who have booked the units in the scheme.
ATTENDING AND ENTERTAINING THE CLIENTS
Clients can be attended to by attending to inquiries through letters, telephone, or personal visits.
ENQUIRY ON TELEPHONE
When an inquiry comes through the telephone, give the required information to the calling party. Note down the address, contact number, location, and the area of the flat the client is interested in. Invite the Client to visit the office. Enter the details in the Customer Enquiry Card for further follow-up.
ENQUIRY THROUGH LETTER
When an enquiry comes through a letter, replay with a converting letter along with the corporate brochure of the company.
ENTRY IN DATA BANK
All Customer Enquiry Cards should be kept in the inquiry data bank.
WHEN THE CLIENT VISITS THE OFFICE
1 Give warm welcome.
2 Send visitors directly to Sales Executives
3. Know the Client.
4. Give detailed information about the organization and the project of the Client’s interest.
5 Considering the interest of the Client, arrange visits to the projects of their choice.
Secret Formula of Sales and Marketing | Consumer Behaviour
1. This is an important job of a Sales Executive.
2. Follow up with prospective Clients through letters, telephone calls or in person.
3. Convince the Client to book the unit.
4. Note down all the information for follow-up, to refer the commitments made by the Client for booking the unit.
5. Study the problems of the Client, like lack of funds, loans, etc., and suggest suitable solutions.
FORMALITIES AFTER BOOKING THE UNIT
1. After receiving confirmation from the Client, get him to fill in the application for allotment on a prescribed
2. Confirm and update the Booking Record.
3. Prepare the Agreement Papers set for execution.
4. Before signing the agreements, the client should go through all the terms and conditions, details of the specification, details of amenities, etc.
5. Confirm the date and time of the Agreement with the client in advance, to avoid delays and confusion.
6. After booking, send a letter of thanks to the Client.
AGREEMENT AND REGISTRATION
1. Agreement is always made in three copies.
(a) First copy – with the client.
(b) Second copy – for office record.
(c) Third copy – with sub-registrar.
2. Client and P.A.H. should sign on all the pages of the Agreement.
3. Agreement should be done on Rs. 20/- stamp paper (or as required), within six months.
4. Agreement should be registered with the concerned Authorities.
Normally, payment is made, as per the work progress. Stages of progress and due payment for each stage is mentioned in the Agreement.
The following procedure may be adopted for the demand of payment from the Client :
1. Stage-wise completion reports should be maintained against which payments from the clients are demanded, e.g., plinth completion, first slab completion, second slab completion etc.
2. Demand letters for payment should be dispatched to the Client, stating the due payment and informing of the work progress.
3. Maintain an updated list of outstanding payments.
4. Follow-up for due amount by telephone, letters or by contacting the Client in person.
5. If the Client has any difficulties in making the payments, e.g., pending loan formalities, then help him for a speedy recovery.
BUILDING POSSESSION TO CLIENT – BUILDING MARKETING AND SALES
Following is the procedure for giving the possession of the unit to the client :
1. The Site Civil Engineers in pune should inform the office about the completion of the flat, with due checking.
2. The Sales Manager should check the flat personally for the overall finish, as per the checklist ‘C’. Then, he should send a letter to the client informing them that the unit is ready for possession.
3. Inform the Client well in advance about the Completion/Possession date, to allow him ample time to make the necessary arrangements for the balance amount.
4. When a client approaches the office to take official possession, the following points should be verified
(a) Check outstanding balance and get the dues
cleared, if any.
(b) Take signatures on the necessary documents such
(i) Society bye-laws copy.
(ii) Society’s statement.
(iii) Municipal authority letter for settlement of tax
(iv) Society Affidavit etc.
5. Hand over the keys and the possession brochure to the Client.
HOUSING LOAN DOCUMENTS AND FORMALITIES
HOUSING LOAN FROM INSTITUTES
If the client has any funds problems, then advise and guide him for housing loan facilities from various institutes like
H.D.F.C., L.I.C., CAN FIN, D.H.F.L. etc. Formalities, procedures, criteria of releasing loans may change from institute to institute. The general procedure is narrated below.
HOW TO AVAIL LOAN FACILITY?
Application. Fill the application form, along with the required details, i.e., salary certificate (latest), copy of income tax returns for the last 3 years in case of business or professional etc.
HOW MANY LOANS CAN ONE GET?
1. Normally, a loan of about 25 times the monthly gross income or 2 times the annual gross income or as per the rules of housing loan institutes is approved.
2. If the person is employed, then the Salary Certificate should be submitted. If in the profession or in business, then Income Tax Challans for the last three years are required to be submitted, e.g., If A’ is working in ‘X’ company and drawing Rs. 5000/- (gross salary) then he is eligible for a Rs. 1,25,000/- housing loan.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM THE CLIENT FOR HOUSING LOAN
1. Original agreement between the Builder and Client, along with the registration receipt.
2. Original receipts of the payment made to the builder.
3. Signature of two personal guarantors.
4. Assignment of policies with the latest premium (if any).
5. Latest Salary Certificate, (if in service).
6. Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years in case of business/ profession.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM THE BUILDER FOR HOUSING LOAN
1. No Objection Certificate (N.O.C.) for a mortgage to the institution.
2. Demand Letter (from the builder).
3. Certified Copy of Title and Search Report.
4. N.A. permission, U.L.C.exemption, 7/12 extracts and commencement certificate, copy of the approved plan.
5. Allotment Letter.
DISBURSING THE PAYMENTS
1. After confirming the payments made by the clients, as the basic contribution to the Builder, the housing finance institute releases the loan, depending on the work progress and valuation by an approved valuer. If the unit value is Rs. 2,25,000/- and the loan sanctioned is Rs. 1,25,000/-, then the Client has to pay Rs.1,00,000/-, (his own share of amount to be deposited), to the builder and submit the receipts (original) to the institute. The loan amount is then disbursed in installments, as per the work stage.
2. Normally, financial institutes pay the amount in 2 to 3 installments.
PERIODICAL MEETINGS AND TRAINING
The purpose of meetings is to exchange ideas, updating information of the units sold in the period between two meetings, amendment in rates, target achievement and appraisal, market forecast, client reporting to seniors, queries that remain unanswered at Site/Office, etc.
TRAINING TO NEWCOMER
A new employee in the Sales Division has to be trained in a professional manner to boost his/her confidence levels
before they are ready for marketing.
Following are the points to be considered during their training program :
1. Introduction to all staff (H.O. and sites).
2. Visit to all Sites.
3. Details of Brochures/Flats/Shops/Office/Plot areas, amenities provided etc.
4. List of probable queries by prospective buyers and their clarifications.
5. Loan facilities/institution/criteria/repayment details.
6. Sales reporting systems.
7. All charts.
8. Scheme rates.
Periodical reporting to the Management by the Sales and Marketing Department is a must. The Sales Executive should maintain the records for reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly). Reports are useful to the Management for analyzing future policies. Universal reporting systems in the organization allow better control and comparison. Hence, standard formats should be designed. Some formats are given as a guideline :
Also, Read This.
- Real estate regulation and development act 2016 benefits, Registration
- What is Solar Energy – power system, advantages
- solid waste management system rules
IF YOU LIKE THIS POAST Building marketing and sales, documents 2021 LIKE THIS GETTING GOOD INFORMATION SO PLEASE SHARE THIS POST-SOCIAL NETWORK EXAMPLE FACEBOOK, TWITTER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES SHARE IT